1. ISMA-AE YEEMASAE - Faculty of Management Science, Yala Rajabhat University, Thailand.
2. WISANAN OUPARAMAI - School of Management Science, Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University, Thailand.
3. RATTANAWADEE SETTHAJIT - College of Social Communication Innovation, Srinakharinwirot University, Thailand.
4. VARUNYA KAEWCHUEAKNANG - Faculty of Business Administration, Rajamangala University of Technology Phra Nakhon, Thailand.
5. KEATTISAK CHANKAEW - Division of Business Administration, School of Interdisciplinary Studies, Mahidol University, Kanchanaburi Campus, Thailand.
This article focuses on analyzing the factors affecting the competitive advantage of supermarkets. The purpose of the study is to develop a framework for analysis of the factors to likely effect competitive advantage of supermarkets. There are seven factors having a significant effect on the competitive advantage of supermarket. These factors are variety of goods, space of supermarket, price, shop assistants, infrastructure, trust and all the factors combining together. The article uses both qualitative and quantitative methods. Data collected from the in-depth interview of 34 customers in 17 supermarkets in Thailand were objective and reliability because the researcher interviewed all the 34 customers carefully. 560questionnaires were collected. The results said that factors affecting the competitive advantage of supermarkets are shop assistant, variety of goods, space of supermarket, infrastructure.
Marketing strategy, Competitive advantage, Competitiveness, Retailing market.